TWIN ARM SYSTEM
A uniform surface finish with the best mixing performance meets farmer’s and contractor’s expectations in the field. To achieve this, PÖTTINGER has optimised the geometry, size, mounting angle and penetration angle of the discs. The result: Low drag resistance, perfect ground penetration, best crumbling and mixing effect.
TWIN ARM – the heart of the machine
TWIN ARMTwo solid forged carrier arms are welded to a very wide clamping bracket. This ensures that the discs always retain their position and angle. Even in heavy soil it is impossible for them to deviate to the side – hard tyre tracks are broken up reliably.The rugged scalloped discs made of special heat-treated steel have a diameter of 58 cm. Eight discs per metre of working width equate to a spacing of just 12.5 cm. The optimised interplay of ground penetration angle and mounting angle ensure perfect performance. The offset configuration of the aggressive discs mixes harvest residues effectively into the soil.
NON STOP stone protection
NON STOP stone protectionProven over many years in the field, the maintenance-free NON STOP trip protection system features 40 mm thick rubber elements. The clamping brackets are mounted on a thick-walled box section frame. Four rubber elements between each wide clamping bracket and the box section provide the discs with high penetration power.
Disc bearingsFast operating speeds and working depths down to 12 cm mean the disc bearings have to withstand considerable stress. That is why PÖTTINGER has implemented high-quality bearings for an extended service life.
Die speziellen zweireihigen Schrägkugellager wurden aus der Baumaschinen- Industrie übernommen. Ruggedness and reliability are guaranteed as a result and impacts are absorbed perfectly.
- The sealed, twin-race tapered bearings are completely maintenance-free.
- A labyrinth seal provides perfect protection for the bearing.
- A metal cover encapsulates the labyrinth seal for additional security.
- The bearings are fitted to the disc carrier arm by a stub axle.
- The nuts are protected by caps mounted on the same axle bolt.
Generous inter-disc clearance
Generous inter-disc clearanceIdeal cultivating results are achieved thanks to optimum spacing of the discs.
- Plenty of space between discs and carrier arms.
- The carrier arms are angled facing the direction of rotation so that there is no risk of stones or harvest trash becoming lodged between the disc and arm.
- A large clearance between the disc and clamping bracket means large quantities of organic matter can easily pass through.