MEX – The proven flywheel system
The combination of pre-compression feed rollers, exact chopped length with the flywheel and corn cracker guarantees top quality material. All stalks and leaves are finely-chopped and grains pulverised for effective rumination. MEX forage harvesters – acknowledged the world over as the benchmark for best chopping quality. The huge blowing power of the flywheel ensures trailers are filled up right into the furthest corner.
PÖTTINGER flywheel system
- Flywheel with 10 centrally-adjustable knives, ideal chopping length is quickly set.
- High chute (up to 4.80 m) and high blowing power plus coated blowing paddles.
- Tungsten-carbide coating on knives and shear bar for smooth and precise chop. The shear bar is also tungsten-carbide coated and reversible.
- Mounting and adjustment functions are separate for rapid replacement without affecting setting.
- Wear plates in the forager housing can be replaced cost-effectively before damage occurs to housing, important on abrasive soils.
Corn cracker – more nutrients from maize
- Exceptional quality forage in all harvesting conditions.
- Rapid adaptation to new crop: allows conversion to harvest green maize in no time.
Three key components:
- Deflector behind each knife.
- Adjustable, rasped-surface blowing paddles.
- Long, sectioned cracker plate, can easily be replaced with smooth plates.