The heart of PÖTTINGER disc mowers is the cutter bar, proven over thousands of cuts in the field. Disc mower cutter bars are developed and built at the company’s main plant in Grieskirchen – a quality product made in Austria. First-class cutting quality, low drag resistance and strength are the trademarks of these cutter bars. Engineered details guarantee you reliable operation and contribute significantly to an extended service life.
Optimum crop flow – clean forage
The rounded, low profile front edge lets the cutter bar glide smoothly over the ground and separates the crop tidily from the sward. The conveyor effect has been improved by the rounded conical surfaces of the mower discs. The crop flows through smoothly and uniformly, maintaining full cutting capacity in all operating conditions. Integrated paddles keep the cutter bar surface clean. PÖTTINGER guarantees trouble-free downhill mowing, even on steep slopes.
Perfect cutting quality
Sleek cutter bar
The sleek cutter bar design is only 28 cm deep, perfect for enabling the best possible ground tracking. The mower blades rotate very close to the surface of the cutter bar and the counter knife. The optimised overlap of blade paths ensures a clean and uniform mowing pattern.
Engineered to impress
Durable mower discs
The oval, low profile mower discs are made of hardened fine-grained steel. Quick-change blades make maintenance easy.
Optional feed cones
These improve the crop flow and enable swath formation.
High-strength stub shafts
The strong stub shafts are bolted to the gears and are thus easy to replace when required.
Durable, twin race tapered bearings with a theoretical bearing spacing of 60 mm are extremely stress-resistant.
TRI DRIVE – Optimised gears
Reliable power transmission
The cutterbar gear drive runs in a straight line with virtually the same sized gears. All gears are hardened and machined for smooth running and a long service life.
- New gear pairs with the same diameter 39/50
- Three teeth in contact – better power transmission – softer starting characteristics.
- New surface on gears ensures smoother running and a reduction in noise level.
Wear resistant skids
High cut wear skid
Wide skids made from hardened boron steel to resist impact and prevent the build-up of soil. Because the underside of the cutter bar is smooth with contoured skids inside and outside, it protects the sward even on tight corners.
As an option, you can fit additional wear skids to protect the underside of the cutter bar. The bolted skids can be easily changed if required.
Optional high-cut skids can be mounted to increase the cutting height from 30 to 120 mm. Their large radius and wide surface area make them especially wear resistant.
- High-cut skid + 20 mm, the universal skid especially for stony soil.
- High-cut skid + 40 mm, especially for whole crop.
- NEW: High-cut skids for the outer pairs of skids.
The cutter bar is made from the best quality steel. The metal plate is precision laser-cut and robot-welded before machining at the state-of-the-art CNC machining centre.
- The blade post is bolted to the mower disc. This can be replaced cost-effectively if required.
- The counter knife is clamped in place, meaning it is also easy to replace.
Easy with quick-change blades
Change blades quickly and easily: Press down the spring clip with the blade changing tool and replace the blade.
- The blade is locked securely in place by the spring clip.
- Lengthy, tough operation demands the best blade quality, which is why original PÖTTINGER blades are made from high-quality blade steel.
- A handy blade box provides space for replacement blades.
- A handy blade box provides space for replacement bladeThe blade pin is bolted to the mower disc. This can be replaced cost-effectively if required.
Practical modular design
The bearing hub assembly and fittings are reliably sealed by rubber o-ring seals. The hub assembly can be removed as one unit, while the idler gears are easily removed through the openings – it could not be more straightforward.